First Southern has a variety of ongoing ministries where adults of all ages find friends and fellowship, encouragement in the faith, and a place to serve. Some of these are listed below. The family atmosphere at First Southern also includes opportunities for adults, with or without children at home, to fellowship and serve in and through the church family.
A sampling of the adult ministry opportunities at First Southern:
- Weekly Bible study groups for all ages and stages of life
- Periodic fellowship gatherings (planned by Bible study groups)
- Mid-week Bible study and prayer meeting
- Discipleship Studies
- XYZ (“X-tra Years of Zest”) luncheons, trips and activities for senior adults
- Men’s prayer breakfast each Thursday at 8:30 a.m. at Denney’s on Lewis & Clark Blvd. in Clarksville
- Music ministries (see “Music Ministry”) link
- Periodic events hosted by the church also serve the needs of adults and the whole family: Fall Family Festival, Revivals, Summer Family Nights, Church Picnic, Outreach Ministries, Etc.